Monday, May 10, 2010

Cat nail trimming problem?

ok so everytime i trim my cats nails she gets scared and scratches me all the time!!! i cannot stand it. i dont want someone else to do it because i want her to get used to me doing it and i have the trimming scissors and it works great but she gets too scaredd!!! what should i do??Cat nail trimming problem?
Wait until she falls asleep!


Then pet her and then start clipping.


Don't cut past the quick, that's the pink part of the nail.








I always clip my cats claws while they're asleep and they rarely struggle.





Hope this helps!Cat nail trimming problem?
You just have to learn to be as quick as possible and know that she may never adjust to having her claws clipped. I had a cat that fought me at nail clipping time consistently for the entire 18 years he lived. It helps to have someone else hold them while you're clipping. It's also easier if you stand them up on a counter or table so you can be standing while clipping them.
Have someone else hold her while you do it. Generally speaking if you don't need to trim a cat's claws. I got a kitten that had it's nails trimmed so she didn't know to ';sharpen'; them on the cat scratcher. So I had to trim them a couple of times but after a while she was using the scratching post regularly and I didn't need to.
that's because it hurts them really bad. have you ever had your hand shut in a car door? well that's how it feels to them. Get a filer that helps more and some cats cannot stand that you are holding them down agaist their will so he could be doing it for that reason as well.
have you tried putting the cat in the microwave? my moms cat had the same problem and it fixed it right up. good 10 minuets aught to do it.
Don't trim them? That way she can protect herself and run and climb like a cat should. If she's scratching the furniture there are other ways to stop it - like a squirt bottle.

No comments:

Post a Comment