Friday, May 14, 2010

Is artificial nails really makes your real nails stronger ? and what problems it can cause?

my mother got fungus from it. And I years back I used to have my nails done but stopped. They would hurt my cuticles and I also got paranoid with thinking I could catch something from the instruments being used.Is artificial nails really makes your real nails stronger ? and what problems it can cause?
artificial nails do not make your nails stronger, they make them weaker. Doing them occasionally is ok, but take care of your nails very well aftewards.





some people are allergic to the acrylic stuff, so be careful .Is artificial nails really makes your real nails stronger ? and what problems it can cause?
In my personal opinion I don't think so because in order for the artificial nails like the acrylic ones they have to file down your natural nail so I wouldn't say stronger. Artificial nails MAY cause a fungus under the fake nail if it is not taken care of correctly.
l used to have them applied (very expensive at $5 per nail plus gratuity)-and my manicurist told of a woman she knew who had to literally rip them off on a plane to Europe as she developed an alergy to them.





For the duration of my having them, they never made the real nail stronger but at least they could grow under the fake ones so you could have your own when the artificial ones were no longer applied-cept it is hard not to go back to biting them. I even bit the acrylic ones.. The manicurist said to let your nails have a rest period or time of doing without the acylics as the real nails can't ';breath'; under them. Check with your manicurist for more info.I read a reliable report but can't remember where that beauty shops must maintain high standards as many cases of infection have been reported due to not having individualized applicator's for each client!
No they damage your nail root and the glue that you use are really bad for the nail surface.
I use to get my nails done. It made them thin, brittle and yellow in color. I even ripped my thumb nail completely off, the fake nail had a very strong glue and didn't break, it took the whole nail!!
Fake nails suck!!!...I have naturally strong thick nails BUT I decided to try acrylics...but it messed up my nails for a good 6 months!!!
I'm not a fan of artificial nails as the different methods applied do always damage the upper layer of your nails with the super-clue or as their molded directly on top of your own, hard to be removed again. I find that they feel odd as their much thicker than your own and you can't use them the normal way. I would only recommend them for a wedding with a french manicure or let's say if you bit your nails and have a job interview...:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment