Monday, May 10, 2010

Nail Biting problem Help please !!?

I cant stop ! i tried everything and many sally hansen products but it just wont stop !! any ideas pleaseNail Biting problem Help please !!?
dip your fingers in nail polish remover...they'll taste too nasty. or get fake nails...they aren't chewable. or get a manicure if you feel they'll be too pretty to mess upNail Biting problem Help please !!?
I used to bite my nails when I was little. Mother forbade me from wearing nail polish until I stopped, which worked, but I'm guessing you're not a small child. :) Something that might work for you is to wear band-aids over your fingers. You can use really cool ones, or write inspiring words on them and turn them into a fashion statement!





In the end, though, it's a matter of willpower and the ability to realize that you are biting. Eventually, you'll catch yourself even before your hand gets to your mouth, and sooner or later the habit will stop.





As I understand it, a habit is formed through repetition of an action, which builds neural pathways. Every time you raise a hand to bite, you reinforce those neural pathways. The only way to break them down, or quit the habit, is to interrupt them halfway through - by catching yourself and putting your hands down. Try sitting on your hands.





Good luck!
put something spicy under your nails.. even if you like spicy food once you start biting too much it will start to burn. thatll stop you
carry a nail file with you and file instead of biting

No comments:

Post a Comment