Friday, May 14, 2010

Problem with nail biting?

My younger sister has had a nail-biting problem since she was about six years old, and now she's almost 15. I wouldn't be so concerned, if it weren't for the fact that it has gone extreme in the past three years. Now, she doesn't just bite the cuticle, in fact, she bites the skin above the finger and around the finger. She has chewed away so much, that her thumbs are starting to get stumpy looking, and her hands feel gross; like the way my fingers feel after I've played guitar for a whole day. (For the non-guitarists, that usually means the skin on your calluses starts peeling and falling away, but in moderation so it's not that gross.)





She also has this gross habit of biting of slivers of skin, then spitting it out in random places, but that's just a minor problem. She has bitten her fingers so much, that it's become very habitual, and she doesn't even know that she's doing it. We've tried everything to make her stop, including lemon juice, hot sauce, and just plain covering her hands with gloves or long socks! What can we do to get her to stop?Problem with nail biting?
you can try keeping them manicured, the hot sauce..


they sell drops to put on them also to deter this behavior.


however it is mental, a hand mouth fixation, or oral fixation and probably nerves.


try gum or lollipops for the oral fixation, carrot sticks.


and try to get to the root of possibly anxiety.


that may help.


good luckProblem with nail biting?
I have bitten my nails for as long as I can remember, now I'm 14 I just can't stop. I've heard to just do one hand then go down nail by nail I haven't tried it yet though, put on fake nails or buy nail bitting polish (didn't work for me though) I find fake nails and pretty nail polish helps because they look better so im inspired to grow them(:
your a nervous wreck

1 comment:

  1. Nail care plays a very important role in retaining beauty of nails. A proper nail care ensures healthy and beautiful nails. Of late, a number of nail care products are available in the market.The common home remedies like vicks vapo rub, vinegar, mouth wash, etc. may also helpful.

    Regards
    Nail care

    ReplyDelete