Friday, May 14, 2010

I have a nail biting problem?

Any solutions?


I tried wearing gloves,it didnt work out to well.


Cold turkey?oh,thats easy! I've done it like,50 times. Oh wait a second.


I tried teh nasty-tasing nail polish but i got used to the taste,and then it didnt bother me anymore.


Help..?I have a nail biting problem?
I have been a severe nail biter all of my life and have tried all of the same things you have. The nasty tasting nail stuff was so bad that it made me nauseous and I STILL BIT MY BAILS! I have quit a few times and went a year or more without really biting them and then I will get nervous or stressed and there I go again. The few times I have grown them out a bit though was when I was able to keep my hands busy. I know this sounds dorky but I started knitting and crocheting to keep my hands busy as i would bite my nails the most if I was watching TV. Anything that will keep your hands busy would help...Iam sure. I did find one other way and grew them out once for a long time by having my nails done at a salon (acrylics). The overlay they used was very strong and they were so pretty that I did not WANT to bite them. This is not greatly expensive (about $30) and lasted a long time. Do not believe that your nails are to short for this because they can put this stuff on SKIN and build it up. Do check around with others to find the best salon as my daughter had hers done and they broke easily. The Solon had a bad reputation for using inferior products and got a bad name for it, too. I have also used glue on's to cover mine until they grew out....I used super glue and they stayed on forever. As your nails grow under these keep them filed with an emery board and CUT rough edges. DO NOT start biting at them AT ALL or you will be right back at it. This is a terribly hard habit to break......slobbering on my hands is a thrill...LOL


Good luckI have a nail biting problem?
Chewing gum help? Do you do it because you are nervous or because you are bored or ? If you are anxious, take a deep breath and try to relax by doing some deep breathing exercises. If your bored or your fingers just need something to do, give them something to do, like sewing or putting things together, small stuff like that.
its probly stress so try relaxing umm... put your hands in your pockets see if that helps if doesnt i know this sounds stupid but try putting bandids on your fingers

No comments:

Post a Comment