Friday, May 14, 2010

Nail care problem [NOT a fungus] with dryness?

I have a problem with my nail beds, the areas of skin surrounding my nails, cuticles, and fingertips. the problem is, they're dry and cracked, kind of like when I touch stockings or other materials like that, I can feel it scratching. its kind of like I have a million microscopic hangnails everywhere.





the worst part is . .


everyday I try to manicure them and I see the same problem day after day.





I don't know if its genetic because my moms nails are like that but 100 times worse, but neither side of my grandparents have terrible nails like that so I don't understand.





I know this was long but please help me .Nail care problem [NOT a fungus] with dryness?
1. Could be eczema.


2. Could be dryness from washing hands frequently and/or dry air especially in winter. I use hand creams every day in winter - at least once.


3. Try hand creams first after each washing


4. If no improvement after a few days, see a doctor/dermatologist

No comments:

Post a Comment