Monday, May 10, 2010

Nail biting problem...any suggestions?

I had the same problem most of my life and I still kinda of do it. A good suggestiong is that you paint your nails really nice so that you really like them and then when u want to bite them you won't want to get nail polish in your mouth. Also you could try taping up your fingers my cousin tried that and it worked. Either way the less you think about it the less you are goign to do it self conciously. Hope this helps and good luck quitting.Nail biting problem...any suggestions?
well i used to have this problem and what helped was that i like my nails looking good so i always wore nail polish (clear works if u don't like color) now if u use a color like i did then u will see how horrible they look if u use clear they will taste really bad so will color. another way is to put any type of shampoo that is clear on your nails and let it sit for a while then wash ur hands and if u bite them it will taste sooo bad!Nail biting problem...any suggestions?
Get some fake nails...they are not as tasty.
get fake nails
My little sister used to do that!


My Mom used to put vinegar on them.








REALLY GROSS!
Chewing gum, stress ball, or take up smoking.
Get your nails done with a color you like and you won't to ruin them. Concentrate really hard on not biting them, others who see that think it's a gross and unsanitary habit. I hope you kick that habit out, good luck!
Goodness! You should have grown up with my Mom. You heard all kinds of horror stories about the things that went in your mouth from putting your fingers in your mouth. You wouldn't have bitten your nails long. The worst one was that you would get worms!!! I don't know about that but you do transfer a lot of germs to your mouth when you bite you nails! YUCK
This probably won't help, but my Dad used horse liniment on my nails {rather


the lack of nails}. It cured me in a hurry. YUK! Check with a cosmetics counter


at a drug store. Good luck. Nail biting is painful.
there are products out there that state they will stop you from biting your nails and actually they do work. its like nail polish but it keeps you from biting your nails. the thing is that i am also a nail biter and i bought one of those products. when you put your hand into your mouth it tastes discusting that it will remind you to stop biting your nails. when i was younger i used to suck my finger my mom tried everything to stop me from sucking my finger. she then got smart and bought some type of medicine, rubbed it all over my finger. at night when i would go to suck my finger it tasted discusting that i lost the habit in three days!!! when i tried that product it tasted just like the medicine that my mother had bought for my finger. or just paint your nails and make them look cute. that also stops me from biting them because if you bite them when they are done so nicely you ruin them and there goes all your hard work.
at night u should put cuital oil all on your nail and like alittle bit of the skin this makes your nails and skin before ur nail stay healthy when u bite then remeber to put it on evry night
My grandson had this problem. I had him use Aquim antibacterial had gel several times a day. I found the taste stopped him from biting and it also kills germs that may cause illness. Great find for me and my grandson.
Take the time to get a good manicure.....do not be embarrased.....the salons are used to it. After seeing your nail's potential and paying $$$$, you will be less tempted to bite. By this summer, you will have beautiful nails to show off.
I heard vinager works it will make ur nails look yellow but it does work becuz it doesnt taste good! lol


but it will help u stop biting on ur nails and then ur nails will look perfessional!


hope i anwsered ur question!!!!!!!
Look in the nail polish section of a drug store for a product to help.
I do that, put vanilla extract on your nails it tastes so sick that i'm really not thinking you'll want to bite them.
Put tape on the ends of your fingers for a while until u get used to not being able to bite your nails.... or you could cut your fingers off....;-)
I bite my nails too and no one understands how hard it is to stop unless they bite their nails. I personally think that you just need to realise how bad it looks. I tried SO many things to stop biting my nails, but nothing worked. I put all different kinds of stuff on my nails that tasted horrible, but it didn't stop me. I used to put band aids and sticky tape, not a good idea, it cuts off your blood flow after a while. I even went to the doctors to get hypnotised. That didn't work either. Just recently though I saw my cousin who I hadn't seen for a few years and he used to bite his nails too, but when I looked at them I saw that he had stopped. So I thought that if he could stop biting his nails I could stop biting mine. I've only got 3 nice nails that are growing at the moment, but I'm slowly trying to get more. Maybe you need to grow them one at a time.
Get nail tips glued on.Its impossible to chew through those.
  • facial
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment