Friday, May 14, 2010

Help! Nail biting problem!?

I bite my nails and actually eat them and I want to stop! I also nibble my cuticles which make my fingers really ugly. I want an inexpensive, affective and quick cure. No fake nails or finger-dipping in poop or puke etc. And I like the taste of lacquer so nail polish won't help.Help! Nail biting problem!?
Whenever you put your finger in mouth,Note it in Diary.


And In night when you are going to sleep,Just open it and count.


Try to decrease This number one by one,Day by Day( not at instant)


For eg if on yesterday you bit nails 9 times,Then today,bit 8 Times.


And like this bring it to zero.


Hope this Helps.Help! Nail biting problem!?
Psychology..hmmm....I like it!

Report Abuse



All the answers here are good ones..but another thing. Carry nail clippers and use them instead of biting your nails.. It might take a week or two for them to start growing again. If you have a good family physician, ask him/her for suggestions.. Sometimes they use anti anxiety drugs as well.
OMG Good question. I have been struggling with nailbiting my whole life. I chew and don't even know it. It is definately my nervous habit. I always get fake nails and end up chewing them. That crap to put on the nails has never worked for me either. I want to try hypnosis.
I think we can help each other out i need help from some one who bites there nails a lot and if poss could you I'm me through yahoo and we mite be able to help each other





thanks peter
nail biting usually results from excitement or when your mind is racing with thoughts and you are full of anxiety. In long run it becomes a habbit that you find it very difficult to restrain. The best thing I would suggest is to start eating chewing gum and biting this gum with the fore teeth ( which are usually used to bite the nails) and also apply something bitter to all your fingers just to remind you if you absent mindly put your fingers into your mouth. But first of all you make up your mind very strongly that you want to cut down this nail biting habit because these nails go into your stomach and would cause ulcer and sometimes even stomach cancer. Hope this helps you . All the best.
try wearing gloves .
i use to do that i was told to use mustard as it burns your mouth and you dont do it again...i can say that as it worked for me
think about pudding

No comments:

Post a Comment