Friday, May 14, 2010

Nail biting problem...help?

plz help me.. i have a serious nail biting problem and i wanna stop but can control coz whn i am in stress.. automatically i start biting my nails... plz .. some good way to stop that habit....Nail biting problem...help?
1) Self-control - consciously make yourself stop every time you automatically start biting your nails.


2) You could try soaking your fingers in something icky tasting, like lemon juice, vinegar, nail polish remover, or Buckley's.


3) You could try wearing clear nail polish, as that tastes pretty gross too.Nail biting problem...help?
i bite my nails 2 its hard 2 stop
cut off ur hands
They have this type of nail polish that they put on children's nails to keep them from sucking their fingers and/or thumb. It tastes bad, so it breaks them from that habit. Why don't you try that...I'm sure it'll work.....best of luck to you.........
They have a nail polish made just for this and it is clear! It is very bitter and it works.
http://www.hypnosisdownloads.com/downloa鈥?/a>
I know this sounds odd but if you put clear nail polish on it might stop you from biting them, becasue nail polish dosent exactly have a good taste... Or drug stores sell special creams to put on your fingers, so when you go to bite them you get an awful taste.
Try some self-control, dude!
I used to bite my nails when I was in school, but once I graduated I just stopped, and I haven't done it since. Try putting something nasty tasting on your nails, and see if that works.
They make stuff to put on your nails so they'll taste bad. See the link. That will help you be aware when you're doing it. But, it's going to take self control. You seem to have the desire to stop. Good luck!
There are nail polishes that you can buy to help make you stop biting. They're clear and taste bad, so you won't want to be biting them.
There is this stuff (I don't know what it's called) that you can buy and put on your fingernails, and it tastes bad - so when you bite yur nails, you can't because it's so nasty, and it trains you to stop.
Keep nails clean, trimmed and filed very smoothly. Carry a small diamond file with you, when the urge to bite strikes, file the rough edge instead.





Try calcium supplements, and have your thyroid checked. Some people bite when they do not have sufficient calcium or correct thyroid levels.





If you want to try the repellant method that others have suggested, you could put very hot pepper sauce on your finger tips, just don't stick them in your eyes!
i have the same problem. u gonna have someone thats around u all the time to slap ur hand to stop the problem. it works for me. my mom does it to me! ^-^

No comments:

Post a Comment