Saturday, January 23, 2010

Recurring ingrown nail problem?

I had an operation once to fix it and they just took out the infection and it was fine for a couple of years. Last year it came back and in April I had the infection removed and part of my nail was removed so the problem would go away. Well while the toe was healing it got infected really bad so they had to give me an operation again. Now it's healed but I get pain every day. I tried running and it got red so I stopped. The toe is not red or anything but it hurts all the time. Every time I go to my doctor all they do is cut it. Antibiotics don't help and I don't want to have another operation. I don't have an ingrown toe nail anymore, I just have pain. Any ideas?Recurring ingrown nail problem?
in grown nails are caused by you cutting you nails wrong or wearing shoes that are to tight.Toe nail are to be cut straight across and finger nails at a curve.Recurring ingrown nail problem?
ask your doctor about using acid on the part of the nail that keeps getting infected so it wont grow back. Those things suck i'm sorry but having a part of your nail permanently removed will help you a lot.
a remedy is to cut the nail straight across when needed.If you feel a toenail hurting put a small amount of cotton under the corner of the nail to lift the nail up a little.A podiatrist taught me that many years ago and it works. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment