Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Nail problems.. layers cracked?

my nails are weak and very easy to split. like opening a soda can, or even shampooing. my hair will ';slice'; layer by layer of my nails. I've tried different nail treatment products but they all will also crack.





i don't know how to solve this problem. .pls help...Nail problems.. layers cracked?
It could be that your nails are really dry, and because of that, the fibres themselves are not bonded to each other. Try really concentrating on using a hand lotion, especially after each time you wash your hands. Always wear gloves for any household chores or long term water exposure. Never use your nails as tools to open soda cans, or prying things, etc. I also use an intensive cuticle and nail moisturizer called TIPS, to moisturize all night long while I'm asleep. The healthier your cuticles are, the healthier your nail growth will be.Nail problems.. layers cracked?
same problem here..i start off by buffing then i use Sally Handson nail gell (its a grren bottle and is like 4 bucks). its really good and has helped a lot.. also keep your nails really short and cut often to avoid more breakage...then you can grow longer when the layers grow back
Calcium + vitamin D and Vitamin E really help. I'd start there. I'd definitely look into those nail buffer tools. They usually come with 3 sides and look like a nail file. That has done wonders for my nails. If that's not available, keep them short and use nail hardening polish. I have been using a clear polish that has garlic in it. It works great, but I need to keep reapplying it all the time.





Also, give your hands and your nail beds a good massage with lotion. Get the blood flowing. Try to do this every night. Before you go to bed (if you don't have polish on), try putting some petroleum jelly (i.e.: Vaseline) on your nails and cuticles.





Drink lots of liquids! If you have dry skin also, it may be a sign of dehydration.
Keep them cut short so they don't get caught on things, don't bite them, don't file them, take a multi-vitamin.
Try taking calcium supplements. I have been taking 1500 mg of calcium with vitamin D to prevent osteoporosis and as a bonus I noticed my nails are much healthier and stronger.
i have the same problem....

No comments:

Post a Comment