Sunday, January 17, 2010

Psoriasis nail problem question?

I have psoriasis and a couple years ago I was diagonosed with psoriatic arthritis, however, (knock on wood ) my hands haven't bothered me for awhile. Anyway, my question is some of my nails have started to detach from my skin. The white part of my nails are now like halfway down my nail so there is little 'pink' left on my nail. My nails are only hangin on by like half the nail. I only have a few nails like this and when I accidently hit them on something it hurts so bad. I can barely knock them on something (which wouldn't hurt my other nails) and it really hurts these nails. I have looked up images online for psoriatic nails but they don't really look like that. My nails look healthy except for becoming increasingly white and slowly detaching. Have any of you experienced anything like this? I no longer have insurance so I cannot make it to the doctor now.Psoriasis nail problem question?
super gluePsoriasis nail problem question?
have had psorasis since 6months old, now 44, try wearing plastic gloves when washing up and doing general cleaning jobs. avoid strong soaps and put moisturising cream on your fingers and nails before ahowering as fresh water can dry out your natural oils. best of luck.
That can happen with long term use of artificial nails. Are you using nail polish or something that is blocking the oxygen to the nail? Try massaging the nail bed - long term because nails grow so slow, but it may help circulation and help them grow in normally.
  • whitening cream
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment