Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Bruised toe nail and hallux valgus bunions in teenagers.... podiatrist? Has anyone else had these problems?

First of all, i put this in the adolescent section because i am a teenager and i wanted to hear if any other people around my age had the problems i am experiencing right now.





Well, its a long story, but i am developing a foot deformity called ';hallux valgus'; which makes your big toe deform sideways (physically move) into your smaller ones. Long story short, right now i can hardly walk. I am 13 years old and dance 6 times a week.


And today i bruised my big toe nail in dance on my pointe shoes, so underneath my big toe there is a back up of blood, and basically its BLACK.


I have to go see a podiatrist tomorrow, so i was wondering what to expect. They have to drain my nail and try to examine my hallux valgus.





So if anyone had gone to a podiatrist before for either of these reasons, what should i expect? What will they do? Will it hurt?


I am really nervous and need to know what will happen.





Thank you so much and i appreciate every answer.Bruised toe nail and hallux valgus bunions in teenagers.... podiatrist? Has anyone else had these problems?
I'm a pointe dancer as well. I just got over having a bruised toenail. I got it in November and it got worse through December because I continued to dance on pointe. take a break from toe dancing. just dance on flat.





It will take about 3 months or so...but your toenail will definitely fall off. That is what the doctor is going to tell you when you go in to get it checked out. It'll be really gross, but once it falls off, be sure not to go onto pointe until the toenail underneath is grown in again..otherwise it will grow in really deformed.Bruised toe nail and hallux valgus bunions in teenagers.... podiatrist? Has anyone else had these problems?
what the f**k is a valgus bunion? it sound soooooo wrong! *giggles* =D

No comments:

Post a Comment