Tuesday, January 19, 2010

I need help with a nail problem!?

i tend to get acrylic nails alot and just recently I got glue in my cuticle which resulted in a really bad nail fungus on my thumb. This has been going on for about a month, but now today my thumb is like really sore and it hurts alot when I move it and it's getting extremely swollen and red. Is this bad? I already have a Dr. appt set for MondayI need help with a nail problem!?
This is the down side of getting fake nails, the risk of fungus and infection is huge!! Seriously for you and your health don't go to nail salons anymore, do your own manicure. It will look just as good and save you money also. I got a fungus in one of my big toe's and had to take an anti-fungal pill for 6 months, the thing with in bed nail fungus's is they are very hard to treat and stubborn to go away. And the med's you have to take to treat them are very hard on your liver. Usually these infections happend because the manicurist didn't use properly sterilized tools before she did your nails. If you do continue to get your nails done at least stop cutting the cuticle down, this opens the nail bed to infection and is terrible to do. have them push it back with cuticle sticks but never cut it off!!

No comments:

Post a Comment