Friday, January 15, 2010

Have any S Citizen had ingrown toenail surgery, problems with bunions, nail fungus or hammer toes?

My 87 yr old aunt is going to have surgery on her ingrown big toe. It was infected and after antibiotics it is now time for surgery at the local surgery center next week. I pray she has no problems afterwards. I hope this is in the correct category, I debated on the Health category, Other Health, or Conditions, Pain Category, then Beauty category, you know because we all want our feet to look nice, then I thought about Relationships, because these conditions could be a big turnoff to a spouse or significant other, then there is Maintenence category, then there is Home improvement, because Yahoo suggests to post this there, I suppose due to mentioning 'hammer' toes and toe 'nails.' Then you have to consider, Mythology and Folklore because apparently a bunion too closely resembles, 'Paul Bunyon.'; I decided to ask Senior Citizens since it is very possible some of you have experienced these. If I have posted in the incorrect category, I sure hope that is ok, that I pose this here. Please forgive me, if indeed I have not followed community rules. I'll be standing by, awaiting the fine S.C of this category to answer my question pertaining to feet problems, and your answers are much appreciated. Just to be sure I'm ok here, I have read that many senior citizens have experienced one or more of the above conditions. Thank you for your patience with me.Have any S Citizen had ingrown toenail surgery, problems with bunions, nail fungus or hammer toes?
Wow such a wordy Q! I do believe every one in my immediate family has had each of the following: Eldest Brother Had the Dreaded Hammer Toe,Other than being Very ugly, not a problem. Mom Had Double ingrown nail removals, very un appealing...she regrets doing it, but if your Aunt needs it....well? Fungus among us? Use Tea tree oil Topically, works every time. Bunions, well Out of luck there...But I do know a Paul, He Lives at the Fritter Ranch, I bet he knows bunions, not much he don't know bout! he likes your Q's too, Luck to your aunt!Have any S Citizen had ingrown toenail surgery, problems with bunions, nail fungus or hammer toes?
Your the Best Jackie Blue Girl! Good to see You! Resi! How you feelin?

Report Abuse



Wow JB, have you ever considered writing. I always wanted to write a book of my memories as they come to mind. That is the only way I could do it. But you could write a story very well. Go for it %26amp; leave it with someone it would mean the world to. Bless you, Jerri

Report Abuse



My ex-supervisor had surgery for hammer toes and had to use a walker until it healed before she did the same for her other foot. She did not have any complications other than pain and having to raise her leg while sitting at her desk at work. She wore a soft shoe. I hope it all goes well with your aunt. A friend of my mother's had ingrown toenail and she just had the nail removed. ugh.
I just had an ingrown toe nail removed last week. this has been the second time on the same toe. Having trouble keeping it from bleeding, cause I am on a blood thinner. Mine wasn't infected so I was in and out in a short period of time.
My doctors brother had his toe nail removed, he had picked up some some infection at the swimming pool.
Never had surgery, no. No bunions, nail fungus or hammer toes.





That doesn't mean they don't become infected. I've had 3 PROFESSIONAL pedicures in my life, and TWICE my toes became BADLY infected after wards. I also know that EVERY TIME I clip my toenails, I HAVE to treat them with ... of all things... LISTERINE. It's an antiseptic, and I simply dab some on each nail (especially the edges!) and allow it to dry. If I do NOT do this procedure, the likelihood of them becoming infected is high. If I DO dab with Listerine (and it has to be the ORIGINAL stuff, too!), I rarely get infections.








Have a Seasoned day.

No comments:

Post a Comment