Friday, January 15, 2010

Nail clippings and cage problems...?

Hey everyone. My ferrets aboslutely detest getting nail clippings. How can I make my life easier? Also I have one of those marshall big huge cages and its really hard to clean the litter box because I have to lift that big heavy cage to get the litter box. Is there any way I can re-arrange those platforms to make my life also easier ?-lol





thanks again!





-BruceNail clippings and cage problems...?
Here's how I do my four. I dribble Ferretone on their bellies (or you could use Ferret Lax if they like that better) and actually sit them on my lap. They let me clip away while they clean their tummies. They love TONE. One of mine won't hold still, but he's a sound sleeper and lets me do it when he's sleeping. If all else fails you'll have to have someone scruff them in order to get to do it or go to the vet.


As for the litter box.......how come you can't slide it through the door? Did you get one of them square ones that lock to the cage?


My platforms arrange anyway I want to so I put the square box on the very top floor. This way I can just open the top up to get that one. I also have two corner pans on the bottom floor that just fit through the front door.Nail clippings and cage problems...?
I wrap mine in a towel, like a baby - not too tight - turn her over and gently pull one paw out at a time. She thinks we are cuddling. At the end, I give her either Furo-Vite Supplement or Ferret Lax. She loves both.





Isn't there some sort of door at the bottom so you can put your litterbox down there? I use the corner ones that have the little hooks on the back to hook onto the cage. They work great!

No comments:

Post a Comment