Friday, January 15, 2010

What is wrong with my nail and could there be a problem?

I am 18 and on my right thumb, there is a vertical line about 3mm in width that runs all the way down my nail, from the free edge, through the nail plate, to the lunula.


The crescent shape of the lunula is disrupted, which seems odd.


It's been like this, probably, no longer than 2 months.


None of my other nails have any problems.





What could be the problem?What is wrong with my nail and could there be a problem?
It sounds like trauma - you may have banged, cut or injured the thumb which has caused the nail to grow like this. The nail starts growing some way down your thumb or finger so if you injure your thumb or finger you will also traumatise the nail plate (which will only show once it has grown through).

No comments:

Post a Comment