Sunday, January 17, 2010

I'm really concerned about this nail polish problem with my mom?

I really wanted to try nail polish, but my mom wouldn't let me. I really like putting on nail polish! The recent time i putted was when I was 9. My mom thinks it looks tacky and decides not to let me use it any more. I seen girls putting it and I asked my mom I seen them putting it but my mom doesn't seem to care! I'm 13 1/2. Can anyone give me advice to this situationI'm really concerned about this nail polish problem with my mom?
Wow, that seems unreasonable. Your mom sounds like she just doesn't want you to grow up.I'm really concerned about this nail polish problem with my mom?
Well, I've been wearing nail polish since maybe I was probably 7 or 8, and im 15 now.


My advise to you is to ask your mom if you can try light colors like peach or light pink or just clear or maybe a little glitter. Start with the small stuff, work up to the big when you're older. I totally think you're old enough to wear nail polish. Just ask her if you can use the light colors, not like bright red or blue or black.


Hope this helps :)
just tell her it would mean a lot to you if you could wear it and tell her u will start off with a nice light color or off whitish and pinkish so it is not too noticable and will just give some color..good luck
Well, thats a pretty crap rule, I've got to admit. I think since you're thirteen you should be able to start making your own choices, especially on little things like this.





Now, beware, I'm a pretty rebellious girl, but this is what I would do. Id go get some nail polish, just a light soft color (Lavendar, Peach, or a pearly pink) and just wear it. Let you your mom know that you can wear it and make it look good and not tacky.
start off with clear nail polish, it'll just make your nails look shiny. then later on, like a few weeks or so, use really pale light colours. if it's applied properly, it won't look tacky. lighter colours are more sophisticated as well, try a light pink or light tan sort of colour.
Listen to you mom. I started putting nail polish and things like that on my nails at a young age. and now if i don't keep nail polish on my nails they are a yellowish color.. and no matter how i clean them.. so don't be in any big hurry !
mum knows the best!
listen to your mother. She's the one that gave you life and until you are 18 and out of her house I would suggest not even thinking of using nail polish.
That' so crazy! It's just nailpolish! 13 years old is definetly old enough to wear nail polish!
I don't know what to tell you. I don't wear nail polish, because I don't like it. I threw all of my old bottles in the trash. I've been ';sober'; from it for 6 years straight now.
tell her it really bothers you that you cant wear nail polish, ask her what bothers her about it so much and have a conversation with her so you can try to see her side of the situation. then by that time you should come to a conclusion or even agreement...
Wait till your older, and living out on your own. Right now, it is best to listen and obey your mom at this point in your life.
Listen to your mother. If she does not like you wearing it, then don't. You have plenty of time to wear it when you are not living under her roof. Respect her wishes for you.
If your mom doesn't like the look of it, it might be because she sees it done badly or doesn't like the colors people use. Ask her if you can pay for a manicure from a professional. If she does, go for a French Manicure or a more neutral color. Ask the manicurist what looks natural. Watch how she applies the nail polish so if your mom changes her mind you'll know how to do it. Hopefully your mom will warm up to you having painted nails and will let you do it on your own. If she doesn't even let you get a manicure, ask her if you can use clear or light pink polish. You could also ask her if you could paint your toenails. It's a lot more subtle and since it's basically winter, she won't have to see it much anyways! If she says no again, try and strike up a deal, like if you get good grades, or set the table for a month, etc... that she'll let you get nails painted/paint your nails. Good luck! Remember not to beg, cry, or whine, because that will just make your mom mad and think you're immature.
Ask your mother would she be willing to allow you to have your nails buffed. You can get a buffer in most retail drug stores (CVS, RITE-AID, etc) and you can do it yourself. The buffer adds a super-glossy shine just like a clear coat of nail polish, but it doesn't put ANYTHING on your nails, just a great shine and it doesn't chip like a polish will, or have any chemicals.





Revlon makes a great one that is relatively inexpensive (about $3). This may be a compromise that she would consider.





Above all, she wants what is best for you, so make an effort to do what she says. You can show her how mature you can be by following her rules, and she will be more trusting of you to make your own decisions in the future.


Good luck!
Maybe you could ask her if you can put it on your toes??? I was never allowed to wear any make-up growing up (not until I was 18!). I always wanted to, but I think it was just because I wasn't allowed. Because, now, you couldn't pay me to wear it! But, my mom did let me wear polish on my toes, especially in the winter, when no one would see them! That was our compromise. It couldn't hurt to ask, the worst she could say is no.

No comments:

Post a Comment